It's always challenging to take a child to their first day of day care. It's near impossible to not think about this child during the workday. In the lists below, you'll find a few steps that will improve the process of early childhood education center Draper Ut.
Before Your Decision
- Schedule a Visit: Some day care centers provide a clean environment for kids, while others are in dire need of an update. You'll want to look inside to take a look at the interior and familiarize yourself with the staff.
- Confirm Accreditation: Accreditation means that a day care program adheres to standards that go beyond what is required by law. A few accreditation organizations are the the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC), the National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), and the National Association of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Check Adult-to-Child Ratio: An important aspect of running a successful day care center is not enrolling too many children compared to the amount of employees. If your child is an infant, shoot for a ratio of four kids to each teacher. One teacher for every ten kids is fine for four-year-olds.
After Your Decision
- Meet Regularly: Arrange regular appointments with the day care staff. This is the best way to stay current with your child's behavior patterns, what they are learning, and what is happening at the center.
- Volunteer: Volunteer appointments can be secured at almost any day care facility. The work needed could vary from reading to children or coming after hours to clean or repair toys.
- It's OK to Change Your Mind: Don't be afraid to switch to a new day care provider if something doesn't feel right to you. Don't allow a difficult conversation get in the way of your child's health.